Stewardship is the act of placing God’s priorities before our own. Stewards make gifts of their treasure, time, and talent to the Lord’s work as thanks for his many blessings to us. By offering the first portion of what we have, or by making gifts that may sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable, this is known as “sacrificial giving.” At Guardian Angels, Stewards:
- Get involved and join a ministry, whether for fun, to meet new friends, or to deepen your relationship with God.
- Make a weekly or monthly financial gift to the parish. These funds help to keep the lights on, pay our great staff, and make it possible to provide wonderful ministries to parishioners and neighbors.
- Participate in parish capital campaigns. Occasionally our parish comes together to raise larger amounts of money that are needed for large projects like fixing a roof, building a building, repairing the parking lot, etc.
- Contribute to the Annual Catholic Appeal. These funds support diocese-wide programs that help others in need, feed the poor and hungry, support priestly vocations, and help to grow our Catholic schools.
- Pray to God and thank Him.
“Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”1 Peter 4:10