The following is a list of responsibilities you will have as an Altar Server.
1. You will need arrive at church on the date and time you are scheduled to serve 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
2. You will need to contact Sandy or Jim Brennan by email at email@example.com, between the 15th and 20th of each month to let them know the dates and times that you will be unable to serve for the following month.
3. If you are scheduled for a date and time that you are unable to serve, you must find an alternate, preferably from your assigned Mass group time, and e-mail Sandy or Jim Brennan with the name of your replacement. You need to make sure when you contact someone as a replacement that you speak with parent(s)/guardian only, to obtain their approved for replacing you. Unless you contact someone in person you cannot assume that they will cover for you.
4. When you are contacted by another server to change days or serve as their substitute, you will discuss the matter with your parent(s)/guardian and get their approval prior to saying you will serve or change days. Once you have agreed to substitute for someone it is your responsibility to show up for the appointed time.
5. You must be attentive and conduct yourself in a respectful manner at all times before, during and after your scheduled Mass.
6. You will be required to clean up after your Mass by helping the adult Ministers to clear the credence table, extinguishing candles and then properly removing and hanging up your alb and cincture. This should take approximately 10 minutes. You should never leave this to other servers at your Mass. It is the responsibility of each server.